Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Beginnings of a New Classroom


One of my favorite parts of teaching was decorating my classroom. Some things never change! Our "classroom"is in one of the corners of our guest room so I had to coordinate the colors of our materials with the room. I was able to go to two teaching stores last week and shop with my girls for supplies. The lady at the counter asked me where I taught. I replied "I teach at home." I am sure she thought why do you need bulletin board border at home. For those of you who know me well, know I could open a store and just sell border. I love it! 
So, once I got home the decorating began and has not stopped. However, I am still looking for that moment when I walk into the room and it makes me feel refreshed because it is complete with all the right "touches". I felt this same way when decorating my 4th grade classroom, as well as overwhelmed about all the standards I needed to cover. Now, thankfully I only have one standard to teach towards.  In Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. " Even though this standard is overwhelming on many days, I am so excited to embark on the journey of teaching my little ones at home! Praise the Lord for opportunity to find joy in what we love!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, Britney! So inspiring for me as I raise my girls, too!! We love you guys...you are one special Mommy and are truly raising up your girls in the wisdom and beauty of His Word. Love you:)

    ReplyDelete