Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Day of School

                      I started weeks ago taking down last year's school room...

 I love decorating and thinking through where everything will go for the upcoming school year! I used to decorate my "classroom" as a little girl as well. It is still a favorite!
           And I love the result! As you can see apples are my theme this year.

 Here is how I display our schedule. It is more for me to refer to during class. I found these apple cutouts at the dollar tree. Great find!
 This year I wanted to start a morning board. After prayer at the beginning of class we go over our morning board. Most of my ideas and printables for the board came from www.MamaJenn.com.
 This is how I organize our papers and supplies for each day. I try to restock this at the end of the week, so that supplies are ready to go on Monday.
 This is how I organize Lillian's centers. Each apple has a center number on it. As Lillian completes a center she removes the post it from the apple and places it on my desk. After she has worked through all centers I will replace the post its and she can start again.
                 I place activities in each center basket for our current unit.
             I found this adorable apple lantern idea on www.schoolgirlstyle.com
 These are Cely Kay's tot trays. I change these as well about every week depending on how well Cely Kay has done with an activity.
                        We have composition notebooks for everything!
                   And this year Cely Kay starts her first notebook!
My first day with two students was an adventure! Cely Kay really enjoyed sorting plastic silverware.
                                And she was actually very good at it!
 Lillian was working on one to one correspondence in math. We are using Handwriting Without Tears preschool math program and it is Fabulous! We are also using the same program for handwriting. I will post pictures soon of the Hokie Pokie with our wood pieces!
                                          Finished party of six!

 I can not remember a time in life in which I did not want to be a teacher. I thought that desire was meant for a traditional classroom with new students every year who move on to a new classroom. I never imagined that the "classroom" would be in my home with my children who are truly a blessing from the Lord and who he uses to teach me daily to Rejoice!

2 comments:

  1. Your little classroom is so delightful! I want to be in your class! Rebecca learned to read with "Teaching your child to read in 100 easy lessons" and we had a little nature journal too! So fun. Can't wait to see your daily adventures! Your girls are so blessed to have such a fun "TeacherMommy"....love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your classroom! I am teaching Jackson (1st grade!) and Evans this year (K-4) and we have a morning board too. We've used a couple of ideas from the Mama Jen blog also. I am very thankful for all the online resources. Fun to see what yall are up to!

    ReplyDelete