Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Here is a full picture of our morning board. I downloaded my printables a great blog by Mama Jenn She had the amazing and efficient idea to use metal rings for storage of each days cards. It is great because you don't have to switch out cards each night. I also laminated everything it will last longer. We also do our memory work and calendar during this time.

As I mentioned in my last post we are using materials from Handwriting Without Tears. I am also reading through Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons to see if we will use it in a couple of weeks for reading. For "science" we are planning on keeping a Nature Journal where we simply take nature walks and Lillian and Cely Kay will draw what they see and describe to me what they see so that I can journal their responses.

For Cely Kay we have a new letter every two weeks. We are currently on Q. I use pictures from the internet for each letter. I also have printed out pictures of objects starting with Q in the color we are working on as well. For example one of our pictures these two weeks is a purple question mark. With each letter we also do the sound of the letter.

For bible we are reading through the bible. We read two chapters a day and I ask simple comprehension questions based on what we read. We also work on whatever we are memorizing at that time. For example we are currently working on the Lord's Prayer.

I do not share these ideas to boast in what I am doing, but to encourage and share that if you are thinking about what should you do with my child, or when you should do it, or if what you are doing or not doing  is the right way, JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment